Friday, May 7, 2010

Nnnuueeiiiooo

That is the sound my cat makes. Very loud and in your face. She definitely makes it known when she wants something. But she is the cutest little thing. Black & white, not spotted, more of a marble effect. When she watches birds from the window, she chirps at them. Almost like she is saying to them, "Hey! I'm a bird too! You can come play with me!" I'm not sure what is so fascinating about the birds, but she loves them, and so I will let her watch them. However she will never be allowed outside. I have heard stories about cats in our neighborhood getting caught in traps intended for rabbits or getting into fights with strays. She was spade, so we don't have to worry about that, but I definitely don't want her to get hurt! She is probably one of my favorite things in the world. She is one of the most playful little animals ever. The only thing that really has her beat is a squirrel, but when she was a kitten she could have given them a run for their money. I remember she used to do flying leaps at door frames and make it more than halfway up and then slide down back to the floor. Now she takes more notice of the dog, and does not appreciate her. Every time the dog is in what she considers her "territory" she whacks the dog. I'm sure it doesn't hurt the dog, but it is very cute.

Today, though, the dog's tongue was bleeding. I have no idea why. [no, it's not from the cat, she's de-clawed] But yeah, and it wasn't just a little bit of blood, it was like some serious bleeding. It was getting all over her paws and legs. I had to get a wet cloth to wipe it off her fur and the I had to coax her into drinking from a bowl of water and just pray that it would fix the problem. Luckily it did, and she's been ok for the rest of the day. It was scary more than anything. Poor doggie is just getting old... When strange occurrences like that happen we all kinda freak out a little. Because we aren't sure what it means. We don't know if it's a sign that her life is reaching it's end or if it's something that is basically normal. We can only hope that it's basically normal. Because no matter how annoying and needy the dog is, we still love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment