Saturday, May 1, 2010

Not Going to Lie

So. I have a bit of an addiction to Guild Wars. No joke. I may even be a little bit obsessed. o.O Anyway. For those poor people out there who don't know, GW is an RPG, you get quests and do missions. For some quests you get these coin things. And if you collect enough of these coin things you can trade them for this special key. Once you have the special key you can go into this one room and open up this ginormous chest and get super rare items. I am like obsessed with that chest. And have only opened it three times. But I am somehow still obsessed. I was looking the coins up on the wiki [to see how many copper it took to get a silver and how many silver to get a gold] and to see stuff about the coins I had to look at the traders individually. Wanna know what I found out? Each of them is named after a player. Isn't that cool? The coins are a fourth year anniversary add in, so I'm guessing that the developers follow the game rather closely and saw these characters that they kinda liked and decided that they wanted to commemorate them. I wonder if the people who got their names jacked know this? I wonder if they have naming conventions for all of their characters? I have eight characters. [i know, i'm crazy] And I definitely have a naming convention. My nightfall campaign characters are all named after my cat. My prophecy campaign characters are all named after my pen name. And my faction campaign characters are all named after my future daughter. I'm so organized. I think that I have a character for every profession in the game now... I'll have to take inventory and double check. I know I have a necro, an elementalist, a monk, an assassin, a ritualist, and a warrior... And two others. I must not play the other two very often. Or they're doubles. That would mean I don't have all the professions... Oh! I have a dervish too! But I don't have a paragon. Never had one of those. I know I used to have a ranger and a mesmer... I don't know which I still have? It gets hard to keep track. You know that? You know how they call these types of games role playing games? Does that mean that I'm supposed to pretend to be my character? Or do people think that they are their character? That's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment