Friday, March 26, 2010

The Joys of Spring

That was completely sarcastic. After being almost completely inactive all winter I, of course, gained some weight. It's not like I hadn't noticed this, but it became glaringly obvious when I had to go shopping for pants and had to select a size larger than normal. And being a girl [even though I should be past that stage] I am very self conscious about this fact. Guess it's time to hit the gym... Or get a gym membership. You know. Chicken. Egg. Well, technically I don't need to go to a gym. I have a Wii. And that exercise game that they make for it. So, you know, I could just do that. And think about gym memberships when I actually have money. Because I really do like those pools they have. I used to be on the swim team. Not that I was any good. [hahaha] But I really enjoyed it. And people are always saying that swimming is such great exercise, because it works your whole body and it's not super hard on your joints. Even old people can do it! Anyway. Back to the woes of Spring. Allergies. If you have them you might have some idea of what I am talking about. Allergies are terrible, horrible monsters. Mine are 10 million times worse. When I was seven I had to start doing allergy shots to get them under control. My mom recently told me that typically, people who go on shots and then finish with them never need meds for allergies again. Boy, did that piss me off. Because after those 5 [7?] years of shots I was actually able to control my allergies with medicine. Lucky me! But then, last year, you know what they did to me? They decided that they didn't want to make my medication anymore. Do you have any idea how long it took to find a medication that actually worked? Years. No exaggeration. My mom called the allergists and luckily he has like major connections or something and knows like all the drugs they make [when it comes to allergies] and found a pharmacy that was still making the combo that I need. [apparently it's some old combo that is hella strong, so they don't like giving it to people. they like the weaker crap that doesn't do anything for me] Then, this SPRING they decide that they are no longer going to make this drug either. Guess who is miserable with itchy eyes, sneezing up a storm, and has a majorly running nose? That same person has been on at least 3 different allergy medications in the last month. So it is not like I have given up all hope because they decided to be jerks and take my medication off of the market. Nope. I am desperately searching for something that will WORK. And you know what the very best part of this is? The allergies acting up is encouraging the asthma to give me a hard time to. Wanna guess how long it's been since I've had an asthma attack? I'd say about a year and half. When I had bronchitis. Yep. Spring is just so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment