Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wanna Know a Funny Story?

Me too. Just kidding! [well, honestly i really would] I'll tell you one. Anyway. So. I have this boyfriend. [fyi i only have one bf i just like to say things in strange & mysterious ways, to keep the world interesting] I really like him. He has his charms. And I really enjoy spending time with him, doesn't matter when or where, or necessarily what we are doing. But every now and then I would like to go out and DO something. You know? Is that so much to ask? Normally this isn't so much of a problem, because normally I have plenty of money to fund our ventures. But right now I am not working because I have this horrible problem with migraines you see. So until my application for short term disability goes through [and is approved] I have zero dollars. Normally he has no money either because he has to pay for rent and stuff, so I pay for all of our dates. But he missed one of his check because he lost it. [at his parents... hmmmm..... no i'm not implying anything] And so had to have it reissued, but this took him about three weeks to figure out. [seriously, could they make it any more complicated?] So right now he has plenty of money. And could definitely afford to take me out. It's not like I want anything extravagant, just a simple little date. Maybe going out to dinner somewhere like Applebee's or something. Nothing expensive. But he just assumes that I would be the one to pay, but I have no money. He is the boy. I am the girl. Isn't the boy SUPPOSED to pay? Like in traditional relationships? I've been super nice and paid for almost everything we've done, shouldn't he give a little? Is that not reasonable? Am I crazy?

2 comments:

  1. There was nothing more I liked than when I went on dates before being married when the lady said that she was going to pay. Yes, it was hard for me to let her do it but it really turned me on. This guy should take you out which involves him paying.
    Let me tell you this. One thing I am still learing after almost 4 years of marriage is, "you have to tell the other person what you want them to do." I know, I know, we think they should know but...they don't! Like I said, I am still learning. Who knows, this bf might like you to tell him how it's going to be and this is what you like and don't like. Tell us if you get your trip to Applebee's, which is my wife's favorite place to eat! Who know's we might take a trip to Applebee's? (I wonder if I can get her to pay?) Hmmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I suppose I'll have to talk to him. You're right, I was doing the whole "he should just know" thing. I'll let you know if I get my dinner, and good luck getting your wife to pay for your outing.

    ReplyDelete